1. Open the Outlook Express application and choose Tools -> Accounts from the menu bar. In the window that pops up, select the Mail tab.
If you already have an account set up, skip ahead to Step #6.
2. Click the Add button to run the setup wizard.
3. On the next two panes, enter your name (as you want it to appear in emails) as the Display Name and your email address in the E-mail address field.
4. On the Email Server Names pane, set the incoming mail server is a ____ server type to IMAP, and enter mail.theartfarm.com for the Incoming mail server and the Outgoing mail server.
5. On the Internet Mail Logon pane, enter your full email address as the Account Name and your email password for the Password. Do not select SPA, it won't work with the vast majority of mail servers, including ours.
6. At this point, your email account is set up, and incoming mail will likely work. But...
We need to enable security. With the default settings, Outlook Express basically sends all your email across the internet in an unsealed envelope. Anybody in between can easily peek inside, read the contents of the messages, and even see your username and password. We need to fix it. Make sure your mail account is selected and click the Properties button.
7. Within the Properties window, chose the Servers and enable the checkbox next to My server requires authentication.
8. Select the Advanced tab and enable the two SSL checkboxes. The Incoming mail port will automatically switch to port 993 and you will need to manually change the Outgoing mail server port to 587.
9. Click the Apply and then OK buttons. In the Internet Accounts pane, click the Close button and you'll be returned to Outlook Express. On the left side, a new mailbox will have appeared, titled mail.theartfarm.com. Click on the Inbox and you'll be presented with a list of all your messages. Happy emailing!